Three Things to Understand About Unemployment StatisticsTomorrow morning the Bureau of Labor Statistics will release the latest Employment Situation Summary, which will include the
“An obstacle is often an unrecognized opportunity” -unknown
Our friends over at Select South Bay have created a running list of local businesses that need our support now more than ever! In order to slow the progression of this virus, and get back to personal and economic health, we have to #flattenthecurve by staying home! But our local business owners need our help, order take out/delivery if you are comfortable with that. If not, consider purchasing gift cards to use once we can all get back out into the community!
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THERE IS NO SINGLE RIGHT ANSWER!! WELL THERE IS ONE........LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER, BE KIND TO YOUR NEIGHBOR, AND CHOOSE COMPASSION!!
Here are a few helpful resources:
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour!
- Tour Yellowstone National Park!
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
- This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs.
- Indoor Activities for busy toddlers
- Play games and learn all about animals
- Play with fave show characters and learn too
- Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip.
- This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
- Math and Reading games HERE.
- Phonics skills HERE.
- This iconic museum located in the heart of London allows virtual visitors to tour the Great Court and discover the ancient Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies.
- Read, play games, and hang out with Dr. Seuss
- 300,000+ FREE printable worksheets from toddlers to teens.
- Geography and animals HERE.
- Math practice from counting to algebra and geometry HERE
- Fave kids books read by famous people HERE.
- Crafts, activities, mazes, dot to dot, etc, HERE.
- High school chemistry topics HERE.
- Math and reading games HERE.
- Math and language games HERE.
- Hands on Elem science videos HERE.
- Voice based learning... learn through Alexa.
- Fun games, recipes, crafts, activities HERE.
- ClickSchooling brings you daily recommendations by email for entertaining websites that help your kids learn.
- Math as a fun part of your daily family routine HERE.
- Games to get "into the book"
- Online history classes for all ages preteen through adults HERE.
- Biology lessons HERE.
- Elem Math through 6th grade HERE.
- Educational games K-12
- Digital archive of history https://www.bunkhistory.org/
- Test Prep for SAT, ACT, etc. https://www.bwseducationconsul
- Geometry https://www.canfigureit.com/
- Resources for Spanish practice https://www.difusion.com/campu
- Chinese learning activities https://chalkacademy.com/
- Music is for everyone https://musiclab.chromeexperim
- Science, Math, Social Studies https://www.ck12.org/student/
- Grammar practice for middle grades https://www.classroomcereal.co
- Daily free science or cooking experiment to do at home.http://www.clubscikidzmd.
- Chemistry https://www.playmadagames.com/
- Reading passages for grades 3-12, with reading comprehension and discussion questions. https://www.commonlit.org/
- Vocabulary, grammar, listening activities and games in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Korean, and Latin. https://conjuguemos.com/
- 35,000 pages of online content on the cultures and countries of the world. https://www.countryreports.org
- K-5th Science lessons https://mysteryscience.com/
- Tons of free classes from leading universities and companies https://www.coursera.org/
- Free printable K-8 Reading and Math activity packs (available in English and Spanish) https://www.curriculumassociat
- Digital learning content for preschool through high school https://www.curriki.org/
- A wide range of math content from middle school through AP Calculus. https://deltamath.com/overview
- Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing. https://classroommagazines.sch
- 3 Free Weeks of Maker Stations to keep your children creating at home! Each challenge includes simple instructions using materials around the house, QR code video resources, and a student recording sheet. bit.ly/freemakerstations
- Classes for older teens or adults https://www.thegreatcoursesplu
s.com/lp/t1/freemo?source_id= FREEMO&utm_source=Social_ Media&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_ campaign=1000614&fbclid= IwAR1vaJx-3_aCdyE75S0fTJg4JZ_j I6KJvsJb4CnXY03tnfTm3FdgflaNpY s
- Online homeschool platform & curriculum for Pre-K to 12th grade. All main subjects are covered, plus extra curriculum courses. http://discoveryk12.com/dk12/
- Printable board games, activities and more for phonics and reading all using evidence-based methods. Can be customized to any student's needs including creating flashcards for other subjects. https://dogonalogbooks.com/pri
- K-8 online math program that looks at how a student is solving problems to adjust accordingly and build a unique learning path for them. https://www.dreambox.com/at-ho
- Engaging reading game for grades 2-8 that combines strategy, engagement, and imaginative reading passages to create a fun, curriculum-aligned literacy game. https://www.squigglepark.com/d
- Higher level math series... online video series with detailed solutions to more than a thousand publicly-released College Board SAT Math, Subject Test Math Level 1, and Subject Test Math Level 2 problems.https://www.youtube.c
- Foreign languages https://www.duolingo.com/
- Interactive video earth science based curriculum supplement. https://www.everyday-earth.com
- A safe research site for elementary-level readers. They are offering -- free 24/7 access
USERNAME: read (case sensitive)
PASSWORD: read (case sensitive)
- Resources for AP students including live reviews, live trivia, and study guides! https://app.fiveable.me/
- Educational brain breaks to help students review essential literacy and math skills, while getting in some exercise. Find over 900 videos to help your child keep learning at home and burn off some extra energy. Our site is best used for ages 4-8. https://fluencyandfitness.com/
- Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. https://www.gonoodle.com/
- 7,000 free videos in 13 subject areas https://hippocampus.org/
- Carmen Sandiego videos, stories, and lessons for all subject areas https://www.carmensandiego.com
Tips for Staying Well
- Maintain routines as much as possible. Try to maintain your typical schedule throughout the day.
- Practice healthy habits and the kinds of self-care that most benefit you. Prioritize getting a healthy amount of sleep, eating well, and moving or exercising regularly.
- Avoid crowds — but stay connected. Make the effort to stay connected through social media, email, texting, and video calls.
- Take breaks to ease your mind and distract yourself when you start to worry. We have played a number of board games, watching movies (Frozen 2 was released early on Disney+), coloring, playing cards, and walking our dogs.
- Music is good for the soul. Turn up the volume, close your eyes, and clear your mind. I will be educating my girls with the fact that TIK TOKS are abridged versions of some classics written and performed by popular artists like...The Beatles.
- Five steps for effective hand washing.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
“The Market Changes … Our Values Don’t” is the guiding principle of doing business for the Beach Cities Real Estate Team. Boasting over 20 years of experience in real estate and being a consis....